Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Recipe: Oyster Yum Yum Sauce

Hey everyone! Long time no post! Sorry. The holidays and new year and kids have had me quite busy. This new recipe I have for you is a good one for steamed oysters. I figured I better get it out while oysters were still in season! It actually would be good with any seafood, cooked any way, because it is reminiscent of Japanese Yum Yum Sauce- you know the mayo sauce at the Japanese restaurant that we all adore? Yes, well Oyster Yum Yum Sauce is a spin-off. I had it at an oyster roast recently. Someone there concocted it, and I fell in love. I literally stole the bowl. It's one of those sauces that you eat and all you can say is... YUM! Thus, the name. I always like to be surrounded by sauces at an oyster roast: melted butter with horseradish, cocktail sauce, ketchup with hot sauce, etc... Variety is the spice of life (let's limit this famous quote to food...). Unfortunately, I was shucking oysters and stuffing my face, so I didn't get the exact proportions. I have had to play with it some. This is the version I like best. However, feel free to adjust these 4 ingredients to your specific tastes. You almost can't go wrong. Hope you enjoy!

Oyster Yum Yum Sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise (preferably Duke's)
1/4 cup ketchup (preferably Heinz)
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp hot sauce (preferably Texas Pete / DO NOT USE Tabasco)

Mix all ingredients with a small whisk or fork until smooth. Feel free to adjust ingredients as you like. Cover and refrigerate. Serve chilled with steamed oysters or any seafood dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment