Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Fresh Market Holiday Dinner

Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving holiday. We had a great long weekend- no cooking, plenty of shopping, and GREAT food! How did I manage no cooking and great food on Thanksgiving???? I bought the Fresh Market Holiday Dinner silly! It was fabulous. I ordered the Traditional Holiday Dinner for $79.99. It included a 11-13 lb. rotisserie turkey, 3 lbs. of mashed potatoes, 3 lbs. of dressing, a large turkey gravy, cranberry relish, and a dozen yeast rolls. Of course, we added a few dishes of our own, but WOW what an easy and delicious way to go! I placed the order the week before Thanksgiving and picked it up on the Wednesday before. It all came pre-packaged in a neatly packed box. I slept in on Thanksgiving morning (since I didn't have to cook much), and I had plenty of time to prepare for dinner at 2:00. The turkey required about an hour and a half of cook time in the oven and it was tender, juicy and delicious. It literally fell apart while carving! The dressing was perfectly seasoned and only took about 30 minutes in the oven. I microwaved the mashed potatoes in a covered dish and added some butter. That took about 6 minutes, and they were delicious. The turkey gravy whisked up in a pan in about 5 minutes to a perfect consistency. The yeast rolls baked for about 8 minutes. I poured the cranberry relish in a pretty serving dish and VOILA! Dinner was served! Everything was delicious and super easy to prepare. Also, we had 6 people for dinner. There was plenty of food for everyone and left overs for the weekend. I highly recommend this Holiday Dinner to everyone. If you don't have time for 3 days of cooking and preparation, or you are looking to simplify the holidays and spend more quality time with family and friends, then this is the option for you. I believe this dinner is available through the holiday season. In addition, they have a larger package you can purchase, and you can add additional sides if you choose. Oh... one more thing... y'all might remember that last year I gave the Fresh Market a bad review for their cranberry sauce. I want to make a distinction here. The jarred Fresh Market brand cranberry sauce is awful- that's the one I bought last year. However, the cranberry relish that came with this dinner package was very good. It had an overall tart and citrusy taste with chunks of apple and some orange peel. It gets a thumbs up! Happy Eating to ALL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment