Friday, May 10, 2013

My Fave Pork Marinade- Lemon, Herb & Gaaaahlic!

Hey y'all! IF you find a sunny day in between all these rainy days and you want to grill, I have a FABULOUS marinade that I use for pork tenderloin or chops. However, it would probably be equally as good on chicken or fish. Are there any Emeril Lagasse fans reading? BAM! I knew there would be! Well, Emeril used to have a bottled marinade called Lemon, Rosemary, and Gaaaaaahhhhlic, or something along those lines, that I LOVED. Naturally, it was discontinued. Sad and distraught, I moped around the kitchen for months, and grilling pork chops plunged me into such a funk that I could not even eat dessert after dinner! Realizing that the madness had to end, I created my own version of Emeril's bottled marinade masterpiece. Here it is:

Lemon, Herb & Gaaaaahlic Marinade

1/4 cup EVOO
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup OJ
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped gaaaaaahlic (that's how Emeril says it.....)
1 lemon zested and juiced
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried rosemary or a couple sprigs fresh (fresh is MUCH better)
1 Tbsp. honey
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients with a fork or whisk and pour over meat of your choice. For pork or chicken, I would marinate overnight. For fish, a few hours should be good.

Notes: If you don't have any OJ, no worries. It can be omitted. Just add a bit more honey. I use a juicer to juice the lemon. This recipe really depends on the lemon juice so get every drop. If you can do that with your brute strength, then OK. I have no upper body strength. Thus, the juicer- which i STILL fight with! If using fresh rosemary, take a big knife, turn it sideways and pound the rosemary a bit. Rosemary is very thick and woody. Pounding it will help loosen it up and release the flavor.



No comments:

Post a Comment