Friday, July 22, 2011

Captain John's Rockin' Tuna Philly!

Hey ya'll! TGIF! Hip hip hooray! So are you thinking about where you wanna eat this weekend? I know, I know you get tired of the same old places and it's just too HOT to cook. Well, here's an idea for you- Captain John's Seafood Grill in Litchfield. This place is one of my fave's. It's the 4 C's: cozy, casual, close, and best of all CHEAP. It reminds me of a pub. It's dimly lit and has booths and a bar that stretches across the length of one side of the restaurant. The menu is varied and has everything from hot dogs to seafood dinners. Even the pickiest of eaters should be able to find something here. But... I know you are waiting for my recommendations, yes????? OK, then! Hands down, the BEST thing on the menu for excellent taste and value is the Ahi Tuna Philly sandwich. Now, you are probably thinking somewhere along the lines of a tuna salad melt with peppers and onions, but no no no my hungry friends. This soft hoagie roll is piled high with fat, ginormous cubes of fresh tuna (cooked to order- I always get mine medium which is still pink in the center and leaves the fish tender and juicy. If you go any more well done than medium, the tuna dries out too much.). Sauteed green peppers and onions are mingled throughout the tuna chunks and the whole thing is topped with melted cheese- what I believe to be mozzarella, but I could be wrong... It's served open-faced because it's too big to put the top on, and if you can pick it up AND get your mouth around it then you are my hero! I always eat it with a fork. It comes with a side and I highly recommend the potato salad. They have awesome potato salad. It's made with sliced potatoes in a sour cream base with bacon. Oh yeah. Need I say more? And, guess what? This super satisfying meal is only $10 bucks! One more thing, skip the wine with this dish and go for a beer. Beer just suits this dish perfectly. I recommend Yuengling, but they have a decent beer list to choose from. There is a link to Captain John's Seafood Grill at the bottom of this page under "Places We Love to Eat". Have a happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment