Monday, August 29, 2011

Quick & Easy Crab Pie

Hello to all my devoted fans and followers- yes, all 10 of you! Hello! I have a new recipe for you. This one is adapted from a Bisquick recipe. It's one of their Impossibly Easy Pie recipes. You know, they have an Impossibly Easy Pie Anything You Can Think Of. Im serious. If you don't believe me, just go check out their website: www.bisquick.bettycrocker.com

This recipe is an adaptation of their Impossibly Easy Seafood Pie. I didn't have all of the ingredients listed, so I used what I had because I did not want to go back to the grocery store- I swear I live there. It is my home away from home. Anyway, the recipe did not suffer. At least, I don't think it did. It was quite tasty and got the thumbs up from the family- except the picky-eating 12-year old son, of course. But, he doesn't count much, culinarily speaking...

Crab Pie
1 package Krab Delights finely chopped (Hush up seafood snobs! It was all I HAD!)
1 cup real mayo
1 cup frozen corn
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup finely diced onion
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Bisquick
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp hot hungarian paprika
1 tsp sea salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a glass pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix Krab, mayo, corn, cheese, onion, garlic powder, paprika, and sea salt. Spread evenly in bottom of pie plate. Mix eggs, milk, and Bisquick until smooth. Pour evenly over Krab mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment