Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grab a Greek Pizza in G'Town!

Hey Ya'll! This week I have found a diamond in the rough! Actually, it was two weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to writing. Sorry... I'm a very busy gal. I know all of you have heard of, eaten at, or at least driven by Tony's Famous Pizza in Georgetown, right? This local joint has been in Georgetown FOREVER. They also have one in the big metropolis of Andrews. I have eaten here way too many times to count and had everything on the menu forwards, backwards, sideways, special ordered, and smothered in Tony's famous sauce. Yes, they have a famous sauce. It's the main reason that people eat there, because in all honesty the food is simple and plain. It's subs and pizza- mainly. You can get a salad (I don't recommend it, but you can...), or pasta (again- at your own risk- except the lasagna- it's really good). The subs are good but not by any means great until you pour on the special sauce. Then, suddenly you have sub perfection! I'm telling you, it's the sauce that has made Tony famous! However, this post is not about Tony's sauce. No, no, no... It is about Tony's Greek Pizza. I am not a huge fan of pizza because I live with 2 kids who eat it A LOT. So, naturally, I am burned out. The very thought of pizza makes me nauseated. But, this one day the thought of subs was more nauseating, so I opted for pizza. I picked the Greek pizza because it was the LEAST traditional pie on the menu. When I opened that box all i could do was smile. It was beautiful- golden brown crust, sliced meatballs (homemade, too...), fresh slices of tomato, green peppers, onions, black olives, lots of feta cheese, marinara sauce, and just enough mozzarella to hold it all together. The crust is good, too. Not too chewy, not too thin, not too thick. Just right. If ya'll are in Georgetown I highly recommend stopping in at Tony's for a Greek pizza. Or, call and order one, pick it up, and take it home. The number is 546-1612.

No comments:

Post a Comment